INFORMATION FOR OUR HOLIDAY CLUB and iEXCHANGE GUESTS
We have a total of 10 rooms available for Holiday Club / iExchange. These rooms must be booked through them and cannot be booked or modified directly through Malagas Hotel.
5 of the units are on the Ground Floor, of which one is a wheelchair friendly room with open shower for easy access, and 5 Units on the First Floor with an outside staircase leading up to the rooms. Please note that we do not receive any contact details for these bookings, it is up to the guests to contact us for late arrivals, directions and other information.
We find that some GPS units gives guests the wrong directions and it is always better to contact us for the correct ones as well as the ferry operating hours if driving from Heidelbeg / Mossel Bay side.
Our reception hours:
- Open at 07h30
- Closes at 20h00
- Check-in from 16h00
- Check-out before 10h00
PLEASE NOTE: There are no Self-Catering Facilities in any of the units or Hotel, they only have tea & Coffee Making Facilities and a bar fridge. These bookings are on a room only basis. No meals allowed in rooms.
Dinner Bookings is essential before 10h00 daily. This set dinner menu changes daily and we cater for the amount of persons booked.
Special iExchange/Holiday Club Meal packages available. Contact Malagas Hotel for details.
Breakfast 07h30 to 09h00
- Full South African: Cereals, Yogurts, Fruit Salad, Juice, Tea & Coffee, Cheese, Preserves, Pork or Beef Sausage, Bacon, Tomato, Eggs, Toast, Hash browns (Please note items may vary Depending on serving Buffet or from Kitchen).
- All Day Breakfast: (Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Toast, Tea or Coffee) 07h30 to 10h00 and then from 11h00 to 17h30
Dinner 19h00 to 20h00 (To be Seated at 20h00 latest, Bookings Essential)
- Full 5 Course Menu: (Soup, Starter, Traditional, 2 Meats, 3 Salads, 3 Vegetables, Rice, Potatoes, 2 Desserts, Tea & Coffee)
Lunch Menu from 12h00 to 15h00 (Sandwiches, Steak, Fish, Burger, Schnitzel, Milkshakes etc.)
- Charges available from reception includes the following: Dinner Plate; Knife & Fork per person, Braai Tongs; Grid; Wet Cloth; Salt & Pepper; Large Plate for meat per table. Braai wood and Blitz.
- We have 2 indoor braai facilities, which can accommodate 2 families, available to iExchange/Shareblock Owners near the pub, bookings essential on the day you wish to braai.
- Braaipacks can be purchased from the Hotel, we do not allow guests to bring in their own meats and foods as we are not self-catering.
- Please note that you have to share the room.
The Rules: Available from 12h00 to 20h00 – dishes will be cleared at 20h00 latest
- Strictly no food items to go to the bedrooms.
- No Music or loud noise at the Braai area – please consider other guests.
- No Drinks / Alcohol to be brought in – Drinks can be purchased at the bar.
Please note that we are the only restaurant that is open daily in the immediate area.
IN THE AREA
- De Hoop Nature Reserve (25km) – Nature reserve, Land based whale watching from June to November, Mountain Bike Trials, Walks. Tel: 028 542 1253
- Sijnn Wine farm (6km) - Open on Saturday’s between 10am & 3pm. See Facebook for details.
- Infanta – 35km Holiday Resort at Mouth of Breede River (Bent Head Pub – find on Facebook for Details).
- Witsand – 35km (please note that the ferry to cross the river closes at 18h00). Tickets are for same day return; please ensure that you do get a ticket when crossing with the ferry.
- Swellendam – 45km
- Bredasdorp – 60km